In my experience, travelling for conferences is one of the best parts of doing a PhD. Giving talks is an effective way for honeying one’s own skillset, refining papers, and building a network. Below you can find a list of my upcoming and past talks.
- ‘Of Powers and Causes’. Alternative Approaches to Causation: Beyond Difference-Making And Mechanism Conference (Kent). June 2021.
- ‘Fundamental Problems for a Humean Account of Laws of Ground’. Durham Metaphysics Conference (Durham). May 2021.
- ‘Grounds for Ontic Structuralists’. EENPS 2021 (Belgrade). June 2021.
- ‘Laws of Ground and Fundamentality’. 95th Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society (Online). June 2021
- ‘Groundwork for a Humean Theory of Laws of Ground’. Arché Metaphysics and Logic Seminar (St Andrews). [online]. June 2021.
- ‘The Fundamentality of Fundamental Powers’. LanCog Research Group (Lisbon). [online]. November 2021.
- ‘The Fundamentality of Fundamental Powers’. Mereology of Potentiality project Seminar (Oxford). [online]. October 2020.
- ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’ w/Bianchi, S. MetaScience (Bristol)WIP Meeting. [online]. July 2020.
- ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’ w/Bianchi, S. IUSS (Pavia) WIP Workshop. [online]. June 2020.
- Groundwork for Grounding Evidentialism’. Cogito Glasgow WIP Workshop. [online]. May 2020.
- ‘Comments on Silvia Bianchi’s (IUSS Pavia) “Metaphysical Grounding as a Non-foundationalist explanation of Quantum Entanglement’. Metaphysical Explanation in Science Conference. University of Birmingham (UK). January 2020.
- ‘Reconsidering the Identity Theory of Powerful Qualities’. Powerful Qualities Workshop. Durham University (UK). August 2017.
Selected from Call for Papers/Abstracts
- ‘The Powers Ontology: A Case Study in the Methodology of the Metaphysics of Science’. Methodological Issues in the Metaphysics of Science Workshop. Bristol (UK) [online]. September 2020.
- W/Bianchi, S. ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’. 9th Ernst Mach workshop on non-causal explanation in physics. Prague (CZ) [online]. September 2020.
- ‘Fundamental Yet Grounded’. 10th European Congress of Analytic Philosophy. [Online Conference]. August 2020.
- ‘Grounding Orthodoxy and Empirical Adequacy’. 2020 Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society. University of Kent (UK). [online conference] July 2020.
- ‘Fundamental Yet Grounded’. SEFA 2019. University of Valencia (SPA). November 2019.
- ‘Fundamentality for Moderate Structuralists’. Recontres Doctorales in Philosophie des Sciences 2019. University of Lausanne (CH). November 2019.
- ‘Divide et Impera: Pure Powers are not Powerful Qualities’. New Foundations of Dispositionalism Conference. University of Exeter (UK). May 2019.
- ‘Fundamentality: Metaphysical Orthodoxy and Symmetric Dependence’. Philosophy in Progress 2019. University of Nottingham (UK). January 2019.
- ‘Ontological Fundamentality’. 22nd Oxford Graduate Conference. University of Oxford (UK). November 2018.
- 11th Arché Graduate Conference. University of St Andrews (UK). November 2018.
- —2018 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. University of Milan (ITA). August 2018.
- ENFA 7. University of Lisbon (POR). September 2018.
- 7th CEU International Philosophy Graduate Conference. Central European University (HUN). April 2018.
- 6th Seoul Philosophy Graduate Conference. Seoul National University (KOR). April 2018.
- ‘Powers and Causal Relevance in Space and Time’.The Insides of Nature Conference. University of Braga (POR). September 2018.
- ‘Not Pure Powers But Something Near Enough’.2017 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. Fordham University (USA). September 2017.
- ‘Mental Properties: Strongly Emergent Powerful Qualities’. MLAG Seminar. University of Porto (POR). December 2017.
- ‘Reconsidering the Identity Theory of Powerful Qualities’. OZSW Conference 2016. University of Groningen (NLD). December 2016.
- ‘Comments on V. Livianos’ “Categoricality, Locations, and Symmetry Operations”. 2016 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. University of Geneva (CH). September 2016.
- ‘The Powerful Qualities View Reconsidered’. OntoForMat Metaphysical Seminar. University of Milan (ITA). September 2016.