In my experience, travelling for conferences is one of the best parts of pursuing an academic career in philosophy. Giving talks is an effective way for honeying one’s own skillset, refining papers, and building a network. Below you can find a list of my upcoming and past talks.
- Grounding Perspectivalism. VII SBFA. Rio de Janeiro. October 2022
- Brutalist Fundamentalism: Radical and Moderate. ALFAn VI. Santiago. August 2022.
Strong Emergence and Weak Fundamentality. Emergence and Reduction in Science and Metaphysics. (Lisbon). July 2022.
‘Brutalist Fundamentalist’. SMG seminar series (Cambridge). March 2022.
- ‘The Fundamentality of Fundamental Powers’. LanCog Research Group (Lisbon). [online]. November 2021.
- ‘The Fundamentality of Fundamental Powers’. Mereology of Potentiality project Seminar (Oxford). [online]. October 2020.
- ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’ w/Bianchi, S. MetaScience (Bristol)WIP Meeting. [online]. July 2020.
- ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’ w/Bianchi, S. IUSS (Pavia) WIP Workshop. [online]. June 2020.
- Groundwork for Grounding Evidentialism’. Cogito Glasgow WIP Workshop. [online]. May 2020.
- ‘Comments on Silvia Bianchi’s (IUSS Pavia) “Metaphysical Grounding as a Non-foundationalist explanation of Quantum Entanglement’. Metaphysical Explanation in Science Conference. University of Birmingham (UK). January 2020.
- ‘Reconsidering the Identity Theory of Powerful Qualities’. Powerful Qualities Workshop. Durham University (UK). August 2017.
Selected from Call for Papers/Abstracts
‘Brutalist Fundamentalism and Naturalistic Metaphysics’. CLE Seminar (Online). March 2022.
- ‘Grounds for Ontic Structuralists’. SMS 2021 Conference (Online). September 2021.
- ‘Grounds for Ontic Structuralists’. EPSA 2021 (Turin, Italy). September 2021.
- ‘Of Powers and Causes’. Alternative Approaches to Causation: Beyond Difference-Making And Mechanism Conference (Kent). June 2021.
- ‘Laws of Ground as Difference-Makers’. Difference-making and Explanatory Relevance Conference (Online). July 2021.
- ‘Fundamental Problems for a Humean Account of Laws of Ground’. Durham Metaphysics Conference (Durham). May 2021.
- ‘Grounds for Ontic Structuralists’. EENPS 2021 (Belgrade). June 2021.
- ‘The Powers Ontology: A Case Study in the Methodology of the Metaphysics of Science’. Methodological Issues in the Metaphysics of Science Workshop. Bristol (UK) [online]. September 2020.
- W/Bianchi, S. ‘Grounding Ontic Structuralism’. 9th Ernst Mach workshop on non-causal explanation in physics. Prague (CZ) [online]. September 2020.
- ‘Fundamental Yet Grounded’. 10th European Congress of Analytic Philosophy. [Online Conference]. August 2020.
- ‘Grounding Orthodoxy and Empirical Adequacy’. 2020 Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society. University of Kent (UK). [online conference] July 2020.
- ‘Fundamental Yet Grounded’. SEFA 2019. University of Valencia (SPA). November 2019.
- ‘Fundamentality for Moderate Structuralists’. Recontres Doctorales in Philosophie des Sciences 2019. University of Lausanne (CH). November 2019.
- ‘Divide et Impera: Pure Powers are not Powerful Qualities’. New Foundations of Dispositionalism Conference. University of Exeter (UK). May 2019.
- ‘Fundamentality: Metaphysical Orthodoxy and Symmetric Dependence’. Philosophy in Progress 2019. University of Nottingham (UK). January 2019.
- ‘Ontological Fundamentality’. 22nd Oxford Graduate Conference. University of Oxford (UK). November 2018.
- 11th Arché Graduate Conference. University of St Andrews (UK). November 2018.
- —2018 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. University of Milan (ITA). August 2018.
- ENFA 7. University of Lisbon (POR). September 2018.
- 7th CEU International Philosophy Graduate Conference. Central European University (HUN). April 2018.
- 6th Seoul Philosophy Graduate Conference. Seoul National University (KOR). April 2018.
- ‘Powers and Causal Relevance in Space and Time’.The Insides of Nature Conference. University of Braga (POR). September 2018.
- ‘Not Pure Powers But Something Near Enough’.2017 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. Fordham University (USA). September 2017.
- ‘Mental Properties: Strongly Emergent Powerful Qualities’. MLAG Seminar. University of Porto (POR). December 2017.
- ‘Reconsidering the Identity Theory of Powerful Qualities’. OZSW Conference 2016. University of Groningen (NLD). December 2016.
- ‘Comments on V. Livianos’ “Categoricality, Locations, and Symmetry Operations”. 2016 Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference. University of Geneva (CH). September 2016.
- ‘The Powerful Qualities View Reconsidered’. OntoForMat Metaphysical Seminar. University of Milan (ITA). September 2016.
(photo credit: Remis Ramos Carreño. ALFAn 2022. Santiago, Chile)